Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Psalm 139:16 Glory Story - Devotional Scripture


I love the words of the song ‘Storyteller.”  It says when I look back over all the years and where I’ve been I remember “you were right there and you have been ever since. With every page that turns I see your faithfulness.” God is the writer of your story. He knew you before you were born and every day of your life was recorded in His book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed (Ps. 139:16).

 

When it comes to the story of my own life, there are many moments that I like to reread, but I also have chapters I never want to revisit. When I begin a difficult chapter in my life, I’m tempted to mark up the pages and send it back for revision, but I can’t, because the story has already been published. 

 

Over and over in the Old Testament, the Israelites were encouraged to follow the story God had written. They were to look back at their exodus from slavery and remember how God provided for them in the wilderness, and how He fulfilled all of His promises. They celebrated this story each year in festivals and feasts. They taught this story to their children. When they faced heartache and trials, they reviewed their story together. They remembered God’s faithfulness, His promises, and His great mercy toward them.

When we come to a chapter in our life that makes no sense, we also need to remember and follow God’s story. Though we don’t know what will happen tomorrow, we do know what happened in the past and what will ultimately happen in the new heavens and new earth. And because we know the Author of the story and know He is good, we can trust Him.  We can watch the story of our lives unfold with wonder and awe because we know that God is weaving a beautiful testimony into our glory story.

No comments:

Post a Comment